Friday, June 21, 2013

We're in this Business to Sell.....so why is it SO HARD to Let go??

    Why oh why is it so hard to part with rusty metal???
           Every piece in this picture including the 3 tiered garden rack in the back and the bird bath AND the rusty metal chair in the back left are all SUPPOSE to be for sale.  BUT they all look great in my front yard so I try to rationalize keeping them with lame escuses like, "I've wanted a glider forever!!! It's so hard to find ornate wrought iron garden sets at a good price!!  I could use that three tiered plant stand for my succulents!! and the escuses go on and on!!! However, I'm suppose to be trying to make a living with this antiquing business, so what I buy Is suppose to go to one of the shop spaces to sell!!!!
     
Today, one of my pickers called to say she had a few things I  might be interested in so these were my purchases.  Even my cat, Trouble, thinks I should keep these finds!! ha!
I already have three rusty 50's motel chairs but I'm thinking that these two new ones would look great with them!!! The kid's adirondack chair is adorable and will probably get a coat of old white ASCP.  The little rusty terrarium on the bench needs new glass, but it's still cool.  The bench came from an estate sale I attended on Wednesday and despite my love of all things old and rusty, I'll have all these things available at one of our spaces SOON.
Speaking of spaces, our newest location, Aunt Maudie's Attic is having a Grand Opening shindig tomorrow, June 22 from 9 am to 5 pm.
If you're in the area, please check it out.  All the spaces are full and it's worth it see what new things
The Curious Boys have added to their space. It's always fantastic.  Plus Beverly with Glory B's space always knocks my socks off (and my wallet cash)!!

Here's a montage of our space:

    So, am I the only one who hates to part with their business purchases??

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you find lots of wonderful vintage "junk"!!  Hopefully, if you're in the selling part of this business, you won't have as hard of time as I do, letting go!!
Happy hunting... I'll be out there too!
Betsy

6 comments:

  1. Betsy & Elaine . . .
    The ONLY way We can part with some of Our Goodies is when We need room for NEW Finds . . . kinda out of Necessity !

    See You Soon !!
    JOE & GLENN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know the feeling. It is sell or be homeless, since there is no room for people.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that rusty metal furniture is pretty fabulous! No, I must be one of the only people that do not have a problem selling things! Now, I do keep things occasionally, but always bring something in and then take something out to sell! Loved your comment on my jean jacket and slip, I thought just like you , I could always wear it to craft fairs!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Betsy. Selling is the game and enjoying it for a short while until it gets to your space will work. Plus, you always tell me the fun is in the "hunt"! I will be "hunting" in Colorado this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day! I could hаvе sworn I've been to this website before but after going through a few of the posts I realized it's nеw tο me.
    Regardlеss, I'm definitely happy I stumbled upon it and I'll be bοokmarking іt
    and checking back oftеn!

    my ωebpage :: ways to get your ex back

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of trouble letting go of the items I buy because I only buy if I love it! I need to learn to buy with the express intention of selling. Thank goodness I run out of space occasionally. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete