Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas- Vintage Style

     Whether it's a modern Christmas or a country Christmas or a traditional or (non traditional) Christmas or a vintage Christmas, I just LOVE this time of year.   I have evolved over the years from decorating my house to look like a full out Christmas shop to getting the basic tree and a little garland in place due to careers and circumstances, but no matter what, I love all the looks, smells and sounds of Christmas.  Most importantly, I never forget the TRUE meaning of Christmas, the birth of my Saviour, Jesus Christ.   Many years ago, I bought a cute framed sign at a Peddler's show that said, "My house may be filled with Santas but my heart is filled with Jesus".
     
I know a blow mold Nativity is pretty cheesy, but it can be an expression of our faith.


       Even before I got in this crazy antiquing/junking business, I loved vintage and my grandma's little Mica village under the tree was one of my favorites.  Sadly I don't have any pictures of her little scene, but I did inherit the village which is now deteriorated and gone.  I am always on the search for mica houses and if I'm fortunate enough to find any for a good price I buy them.  Last year, I created little domed village scenes with them and sold all.

This year Sisters' Treasures decked our shop and booths with vintage Christmas and soon my home will follow.  Here's a few pictures from our various spaces:
At Vintage Market Home and Garden in Uvalde, Texas we a little pastel Christmas going on.
Also at the Vintage Market I stole  rather "borrowed" this idea from Pinterest
This one is from Pinterest... (link is above)
This is another one of our versions of the toy truck Christmas!

This scene is from our cottage at Fredericksburg Trade Days.  Can you remember when the ceramic trees were popular (back in the 70's I think)?  Well, the popularity has resurged again.  We've sold all but this one (which will be available this weekend after Thanksgiving at Trade Days). :)
We have a great selection of vintage Shiny Brites and vintage ornaments at Trade Days.
Aluminum tinsel trees from the 50's and 60's are still in HIGH demand and we have this one (you just need to find a color wheel light). This is at Aunt Maudie's Attic
Also at the Attic are darling lace stockings Elaine created along with these cool burlap and lace bags and the awesome repurposed bead board coat rack that her son Dan Reinhard made.

I know I should be blogging about Thanksgiving and I do want to thank God for all the blessings He has given Elaine and me with this fun business and to our families. I pray He blesses your families also.  This is "The Season" in the retail world so we're getting you in the Christmas spirit, Vintage style!

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!
Betsy and Elaine


9 comments:

  1. Betsy & Elaine,
    We're Right there with You . . . CHRISTMAS is SHARING JOY with Loved Ones !
    And We know Your Secret at The Attic too ! Congratulations !!

    HAPPY THANKSGIVING !
    BIG HUGS, JOE & GLENN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for the friendship I have with you both! Happy Thanksgiving and see you early Friday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to find you Friday while I'm there! Thanksgiving blessings... Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and photos. It continues to be a great adventure with you as a business partner. Lets just keep going and sharing our treasures with others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great weekend at Trade Days and I hope to come see your stuff at the Attic soon! Happy Small Business Saturday - may it be an awesome day for you and the other vendors. Happy Thanksgiving too! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also at the Attic are darling lace stockings Elaine created along with these cool burlap and lace bags and the awesome repurposed bead board coat rack that her son Dan Reinhard made.
    plain black salwar ,
    black and yellow salwar suit ,

    ReplyDelete